Monday, February 10, 2014

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Powder "Medium Deep" Review


Hello Guys,

Hope you all had a fun weekend. Today i will be doing a review of a mac product. I guess you all know how much i love MAC by now. During my makeup application, especially when i am highlighting and contouring i used to use a heavy powder to set the rest of my face( you know that remaining space thats left after you put your setting powder under your eyes and t-zone). This usually made my makeup look too heavy and i didnt  like it so much. I decided to give this Skinfinish a try because i had heard that it was lightweight.
The first shade i tried was the Medium Dark (my mums) and i found this to be a little too ashy for my skintone.. I decided to go a shade darker and i think this is a perfect match for me. There are 8 shades in this range from Light plus- Deep dark with two bronzers which i do not think i would use all over the face but i like too.


What MAC says: A luxurious domed face powder with minerals, slowly baked to provide a dimensional yet natural-matte finish. Provides perfect low coverage. Use to set and fix 
foundation or as a touch-up throughout the day.

PRODUCT: This powder makes my makeup look flawless.This powder is lightweight and goes  on smoothly.  It does not look cakey or accentuate my pores in any way. It gives a natural look to my makeup and does not have an ashy cast as the Medium dark gave me. This particular shade does have a slight reddish undertone on me but i do not mind. It helps neutralize the yellow in my foundation a little bit. I also like that if you purchase a darker shade of this powder( say deep dark for me) you can use this to contour your face and it will not look harsh.
PACKAGING: This powder is set in a black case with a transparent top so you can peep the product inside. It also has the product name written on the top. It is light weight and handy.

PRICE: N6,300
WHERE TO BUY: MAC Store.
Does any one have this powder? I know a lot of people use this. I had the studio fix but it was just too heavy for me and made my face itchy after a while. Blehhhh.. I lavvv this... let me know what you think in the comments section.

Thanks for stopping by!!! ;D

1 comment:

  1. I thought medium dark was well darker than medium deep so ...it's the other way around?

    ReplyDelete