Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Mac Prep + Prime Skin Base Visage Review

 
Hi Guys, i have been in a very bloggy mood all week! Whoop!! :) So i will be reviewing a product i have been using for over a year now.

Before i started using primers or knew what a primer was, i used to apply foundation directly on to my face after cleansing. Dont Judge i know!!! *covers face*... I have extremely oily skin and i have to keep blotting  my face repeatedly when i wear makeup to avoid looking shiny and ridiculous all over the place .It became very annoying and kept ruining my makeup. I decided to go online and do some research and i got a little info on primers..

 
So basically this is what a primer should do for you
  • Make your foundation last longer, control shine and minimize the appearance of pores on your face.
  • Act a good base for your foundation and make it an easier and smoother application for you.




 
 
 
MAC Cosmetics says:

"An ultra-fluid lotion formulated with special-effect silicones. Calms and soothes the skin, blots away excess oil, and evens out skin redness. Improves the laydown and application of foundation or powder."
 
 

PRODUCT: The primer is very lightweight and drives to a smooth matte finish. It is  velvety to the touch and blends well into the skin. When i apply this i feel like it is actually covering up my pores and it has a film like effect on my skin . This primer also helps me apply and blend my foundation properly. My foundation stays in place for hours but when it comes to controlling oil?? Oh NOOOOO! This primer failed in that department. Whenever i use this primer, i get shiny in less than two hours and i have to blot my face repeatedly. I also do not like that it has little particles in it even though that doesnt show up when i apply foundation or change the color of my foundation. It doesnt affect anything really, but i just dont lie it!

 
PACKAGING:This primer come in a black tube container with a dispensible pump. It is lightweight, not too bulky in size and easy to use. It doesnt dispense more product tha you will need and i like this. What i do no like about the packaging is that it comes in a black container so you can't tell when the product is about to run out. I find this very annoying. :/
 
PRICE: This was purchased for me for 18 pounds .. I do not know how much this is at the MAC Store here in Nigeria but i think it should be priced between N5000-N6000. I think the price is fair and if you use this consistently it will run out between 5 or 6 months which is the shelf life of this product from what i hear.
 
Overall, I would give this products a B+. If you have dry/combination skin i believe you will enjoy this product a lot. It will work better for those skin types but for me and my oily skin, i think i was a little let down. I like it i dont love it. :)
 
Does any one use this primer? Love? Hate? Let me know what you think.
 
Thanks for Stopping by!!

2 comments: